Prev: Re: Counter Battery Next: Re: The UN

Re: SML Absorbers

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:38:18 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: SML Absorbers

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> Should be "Hull Fragile	1" (an 8 Mass Weak hull gets 2 hull
boxes).

yep, you're right...I was recalling from memory...

> As long as it never gets attacked :-/

Well thats the standard with any tenders/carriers...

ideally they should hang out way way way in back of the battle line and
just observe...

> Why use a bay when you could have a Mass 8 Tug engine for carrying
> those 4 strike craft?

Trying not to power game too much...?

Its a system. It also provides not just transport from system to
system, but also repair and rearmamemnt facilites. Thats what a
tender does. Thats the way a small attack craft system would operate.
It forms the basis for a LPD as well. Reduce the size of the bay to a
capacity 25 bay. Add space for troops quarters and add an ortillery
system.
The fighters make a nice escort/combat addition to the force. The bay
size allows for capacity of several small assault craft or one really
big
one (one has to be able to get the really huge tanks down...).

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: Counter Battery Next: Re: The UN