Prev: Re: Counter Battery Next: Re: Counter Battery

RE: FTL Jumps and making it tricky...

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:00:25 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: FTL Jumps and making it tricky...

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999, Bell, Brian K wrote:

>	For jump points/areas I have always used one of two methods:
>	1) The jump point is above/below the stellar pole at a sizeable
> distance. This would allow for ships near the important worlds time to
meet
> the incomming force away from the property they protect.

Easy area to build your gravity well "fence" at.

>	2) The jump area is a hollow sphere about 1/2 way to the Oort
Cloud
> and about 1au in width. Again, this allows ships to be stationed near
the
> important real estate, but have time to travel out for battle.

Woo thats going to be a big area of real-estate.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: Counter Battery Next: Re: Counter Battery