Prev: Re: Counter Battery Next: Fwd: SJ Games Daily Illuminator for 8/22/99

FMA/SG2 CC question

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:51:35 -0400
Subject: FMA/SG2 CC question

Scenario:
Unit (or in FMA) figure fires on another nearby figure (say 8" away).
Then says "I combat move up to that figure or unit". Rolls, makes it.
They are standing toe to toe. My gut feeling is to resolve a CC, only
this is nasty because
1) the attacker only spent 1 action to do it (so it's great efficiency
wise), 2) the attacker didn't test to initiate, the defender to stand.

What would you do? The move is patently not illegal - it's just a
combat move. However the other option would be to not fight a CC, and
then all of a sudden one of them will  fire at point blank at the
other depending on initiative (also cheesy).

Thoughts for a resolution for either FMA or SG2?

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: Re: Counter Battery Next: Fwd: SJ Games Daily Illuminator for 8/22/99