Prev: [GZG-TER] Measuring Sticks Next: RE: [GZG-TER] Measuring Sticks

RE: [GZG-TER] Measuring Sticks

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:23:56 +0100
Subject: RE: [GZG-TER] Measuring Sticks

>BTW what table sizes does everyone use? What is 'normal' or rather what
>is the mean table size? Is the US/UK size split real?

I assume most people either use an existing table (dinning / table
tennis)
or have made something using standard size sheet material from the
hardware
store.

Although sizes are metric now in the EU standard hardware sheet
material comes in the usual 4'x2' (120 x 60cm)
6'x3' (180 x 90 cm) 8'x4'(240 x 120 cm) sizes. I have a
4'x6' (120 x 180 cm) table made from three pieces of 4'x2' MDF
dowelled together along the long edge. This fits over the dining
table.

On material MDF/hardboard is heavy but cheap.
Ply is lighter and stronger but generally costs more.
Chipboard/particle board is heavy and weak and not recommended.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: [GZG-TER] Measuring Sticks Next: RE: [GZG-TER] Measuring Sticks