Prev: Re: Stargrunt Vehicles from the Toystores Next: Re: Vector Movement

Re: Tuffleyverse, States of Europe

From: BStrayCat@a...
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 21:34:05 EDT
Subject: Re: Tuffleyverse, States of Europe

In a message dated 08/21/1999 3:14:37 PM Central Daylight Time,
niall@gonegold.com writes:

> Of
>  course one I haven't heard before is that the UN is just a cypher of
one
>  of the major factions.  Pretty much reflecting the UN as it stands
today
>  being essentially another tool of US/Nato policy makers.

In my distorted Tuffleyverse this somewhat the case.  In my version of
the
timeline [www.members.xoom.com/bstraycat/ft/timeline.htm], the United
States
held together, but returned for a time to her isolationist roots.  The
FSE
stepped up to take on more of the leadership roles in the UN.  At the
present, my timeline has the UNSC relying on primarily FSE- and US-built
and
manned warships for its patrol duties.

In the REAL Tuffleyverse, it is my opinion that the UN and its Space
Command
are still the scenes for in-house struggles among the major powers, as
the UN
seems to have been in it's birth century.  However, I do think that
there
would be a leader-nation who would provide a great deal of the personnel
and
materiel for the organization.	If I have to choose, I'd say the ESU has
the
best shot of dominating the UN.

Bill Shatswell

Prev: Re: Stargrunt Vehicles from the Toystores Next: Re: Vector Movement