Prev: Re: FMA Simple Skills Next: Re: Tuffleyverse, States of Europe

Re: FMA Simple Skills

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 11:51:23 -0400
Subject: Re: FMA Simple Skills

Andrew Martin wrote:

>	  That's usually correct. Simplistic changes tend to do that.
Complex
> changes make things more complicated. Simple changes make things
become
> more simpler.

It's a simple matter of making all these rules optional. There's a fine
line
between simple stupid and just stupid. AFter all if it's too simple
might as
well play checkers. (NOT THAT FMA is). The beauty of FMA, and DS2 and
SG2, and
FT, is that core system can incorporate additions modifications, changes
much
easier than many other systems. And then use them or not. Heck with My
wife or
little cousin, it's a plain vanilla simple game, but if say Tom and I
were
playing a game, we might add in all kinds of wazoo stuff because we're
into the
kind of detail that allows "action" the figures in ways which would
mimic what
our squads would be doing on the ground.  Especially when in, for
instance SG2
or FMA, you do most of the work upfront calculating all these factors
and
laying them out on your data /squad cards. This way there's no rocket
science
required before the game begins.

Los

Prev: Re: FMA Simple Skills Next: Re: Tuffleyverse, States of Europe