Prev: Re: Vector Movement Next: Re: Quick subject switch to SGII (was: Re: Vector Movement)

Re: FMA Simple Skills

From: Aron_Clark@d...
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:54:20 -0700
Subject: Re: FMA Simple Skills

I see where you are coming from now . . . I think.  Basicly you've rated
the
character's skill the same as there overall quality, ie a veteran
character
would have veteran skills, or check with a vetran d8.  I still don't
agree with
the re-roll however.  My previous posts regarding this subject have
attempted to
clarify what has been briefly outlined in the FMA draft, and not to
create
something new.	What I love about all the games published by GZG is
their
inherent simplicity.  It seems to me the more we muck about with the
rules
striving for more detail, or covering all potential situations, the more
things
seem complicated and confused.

"Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz> on 08/19/99 09:10:39 PM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

To:   gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Aron Clark/AM/Avid)

     The skill is intended to be rolled at the figure's quality level.
Sergeant Rork rolls his quality D12 for his Demolitions skill. The
skill part comes in allowing the reroll of the quality die, or the
difficulty die, reflecting the better skill of Sergeant Rouk over other
Elite figures.

     Sergeant Rork
     Quality/Nerve/MOS: Elite 2 Demolitions
     Equipment: Partial Body Armor, Comm Link, Assault Rifle
	  etcetera...

Andrew Martin
Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Online @ 33,600 Baud!
-><-

Prev: Re: Vector Movement Next: Re: Quick subject switch to SGII (was: Re: Vector Movement)