Prev: Spotting in FMA and SG2 and some words on prone/kneeling for FMA Next: FMA Skills

Re: Spotting in FMA and SG2 and some words on prone/kneeling for FMA

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 21:46:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Spotting in FMA and SG2 and some words on prone/kneeling for FMA

Good stuff again, as usual.

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> Kneeling or going prone is an action.

Another option to try is this: You can go DOWN	for free. But  to get up
you spend an action?

> If there isn't a lot to get behind, entering a kneeling posture should
> give 1 die shift of cover (it does present a much smaller target
> area).

I think in open terrain this is too much a benefit. In any other terrain
sure.

> It does make it slightly easier to shoot. One may also go
> prone, to get the 2 die shift cover modifier. (Prone, and prone behind
> cover aren't that much different to shoot at - both are real hard to
> hit targets). This also conveys the prone benefits for shooting. The
> penalty is you have to spend one action regaining your feet from prone
> (automatic from kneeling). This can be short-circuited if the figure
> is in a hurry - roll a reaction test at +1. If you fail it, it takes
> you the action to get up. If you fail by less than half the needed
> number, it takes you both actions to get up (you stumble getting up,
> you're slow off the mark, whatever). So you may elect to attempt to
> jump to your feet and race away, but it might be hazardous whereas a
> slower stand takes some precious time, but may let you avoid stumbling
> or falling.

How can we catch in one action the IMT	(Individual Movement
technique?).
Two man buddy team 5 m apart. Under heavy fire. team leader gives them
the
hand an arm signal to move up. (the other team is in overwatch, each
spending two actions firing suppresive fire.)

1. Guy A is activated. He spends both actions firing also.
2. An enemy activates and does whatever.
3. Guy B rolls a task check and passes, He normally can move 6". He's in
the porne (could be kneeling too if cover supported it). Guy B having
passed gets up runs 2d4" (shift one die down?) or maybe just 6" and
assumes previous stance. That's his turn.

Next turn they flip flop.

Los

Prev: Spotting in FMA and SG2 and some words on prone/kneeling for FMA Next: FMA Skills