Prev: RE: Lafayette Incident Next: FMA Simple Skills

Re: The sands of Mars and the gray shores of Luna: 1/300 scale Stargrunt???

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 23:58:59 -0400
Subject: Re: The sands of Mars and the gray shores of Luna: 1/300 scale Stargrunt???

At 07:50 PM 8/18/99 PDT, you wrote:

>>Have any of you checked out his Fifth Foreign Legion series? Very
>well
>>done,
>>easy to see some Stargrunt possibilities and even some DSII stuff.
>
>I agree! It lends itself more to the Stargrunt side than DS II.
>
>I'm still thinking over the Sands of Mars stuff and am wondering: Has
anyone
>tried to play Stargrunt with 1:300 scale minis? Stargrunt's normal
scale is
>just a tad small to run a campaign like Sands of Mars (the book has too
many
>vehicles to be cheap to play, but not ENOUGH of them for DSII). But on
the
>other hand it (SGII) has the right amount of detail for what I want to
do.

I know that someone else on the list has -- Alan Goodall, I think? --
but
it's an idea that I've been playing with as well.  What I was thinking
about was painting the figures as normal, and then attaching them to a
small washer.  This will give them more weight, and provides a base that
magnet will cling to.  The washer is color-coded to reflect the type of
figure (black for a trooper, silver or gold for an officer, red for
heavy
weapon, white for medic) and to make it more difficult to lose them on
the
board.	A large enough base would allow you to paint the quality and
experience of the figure right on.  And you could use fridge magnets
(the
flexible kind) to make it easier to move them as a unit.

It'd be a damned easy force to paint up, methinks.  That's a pretty good
recommendation right there, in my opinion.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: RE: Lafayette Incident Next: FMA Simple Skills