Prev: FMA Grenades Next: Re: Miniatures vs Fleet book

Re: Vector Movement

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 11:50:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Vector Movement

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> My table is 120 * 80 cm, so for you inch-measurers

You know, I've always considered it a contradiction of my existence that
I use metric for everything except playing games and writing reports.
(i.e. it's not a 5 cm border, it's a two inch border)

> The only units
> in danger of leaving the table are those with thrust 3 or less, and
> even they can fly at up to 20 without serious danger. I also don't
> subscribe to the "rim of the universe" theory; if it is possible to
use
> a floating table to keep all units in the fight, we do so.

Floating tables are good, as long as you can keep the battles close
enough.  If there are two different fights going on at the same time,
you eventually still get problems.

> Yes, size matters a lot, if it's the gaming area we're talking about.
> I'm able to maneuver my forces for 2-3 turns before reaching weapon
> range :-/

I know this goes against the spirit of GZG in a big way, but maybe
there should be some sort of official ruling as to what a 'tournament'
table size should be.  I don't know, maybe I'm making a big deal over
nothing.  (I'll blame it on all the HTML I wrote today.  (8-) )

J.
--
/ Jerry Han -  CANOE Canada - jhan@canoe.ca -
http://people.canoe.ca/jhan \

Prev: FMA Grenades Next: Re: Miniatures vs Fleet book