Prev: Re: [OT] Internet miniatures ordering survey Next: Re: St. Jon the Mind Controller

RE: [OT] Internet miniatures ordering survey

From: "Hedglin, Nils A" <nils.a.hedglin@i...>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 12:42:19 -0700
Subject: RE: [OT] Internet miniatures ordering survey

Thanks for your response.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Owen [mailto:paul@lightspeed.u-net.com]
Sent: Monday, August 16, 1999 12:22 PM
To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

> 1) Why do you buy miniatures through the internet, instead of from
your
> local store or through more traditional mail order channels?

Cant get from local store, i do use traditional mail order if possible.

> 2) Why would or wouldn't you order from a US distributor as opposed to
> directly from the manufacturer?

May be cheaper to order across the pond using dollars rather than
buying from distributor in UK.

> 3) What do you think is a reasonable turn around time for an order
that
the
> distributor has in stock?

1 week tops.

> 4) What do you think is a reasonable turn around time for an order
that
the
> distributor has to back order?

If I really want it and so long as he keeps me informed I don't really
mind so long as it does noit run into years and he does not bill me
till he sends it out.

> 5) What is the best miniatures distributor's webpage (excluding the
service
> aspect) you've seen & why?  How would you improve it? (Please provide
the
> URL so I can check it out.)

GZG of course, why ? because I wrote it, to improve it I would fully
ecommerce it, (looking into this at the minute for Jon), also if you
need a hand feel free to drop me an email.  : )
www.lightspeed.u-net.com/gzg/index.html

> 6) What is the worst miniatures distributor's webpage (excluding the
service
> aspect) you've seen & why?  How would you improve it? (Provide the URL
if
> your comfortable.)

so bad I didnt make note and can't now remember , sorry.

> 7) What was the best service you received from an online or mail order
> miniatures company?

hmmmm.....

> 8) What manufacturers would you like to have a closer (Western US)
> distributor for?

N/A

> 9) What non-ordering services would you like to see from a
distributor?  I
> would intend to have pictures of all the figures, but I'm thinking of
other
> things like a size comparison chart between different manufacturers to
see
> how their figures would work together.

size comparison sounds good, how about weapon charts for competitors
rules systems or something like that.

> 10) If you found the same figures, for the same price & shipping, on
two
> different webpages, what would be the deciding factor for which
company
you
> would choose?

professional look of site and reputation.

hope this all helps.

Paul Owen

Paul Owen
www.lightspeed.u-net.com

Prev: Re: [OT] Internet miniatures ordering survey Next: Re: St. Jon the Mind Controller