Prev: [FT] The Long Journey Home (AAR) Part 6/6 Next: Kudos!

Re: star blazers

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 17:45:24 -0700
Subject: Re: star blazers

At 10:02 AM +1000 8/16/99, Beth Fulton wrote:

>Derek has done up the Earth Force battleship (one with wave gun) for
our
>son's fleet and he's halfway through the magna-wave cannon ship (excuse
me
>if the names of these things are a bit off). He's also got a few books
on
>the topic, unfortunately they're in Japanese, but the technical
pictures do
>give you the gist anyway. I gave him the video of the first Starblazers
>movie as the other half of his anniversary present so when he's come
out of
>his stupor I'll ask him if he's got anything else (especially in
electronic
>form off the net) that may help.

Derek will aldso want the EDF Ship Recognition Guide. It covers EDF,
Gamilon and Cometine ships, organization, tech and background. And,
3-view diagrams of almost every ship from the first two seasons. It's
very, very cool. And the mini game is nice, poorly organized, uses
non-vector movement in aStarfire-style, typical 'wet navy in space'
system that is actually in-genre for Star Blazers, and missiles are
resolved as direct-fire weapons. Other than that it's a pretty good
game.

I just (as in right now) updated Imperial Dispatches with the FTFB
stats for the Gamilon S-Type battleship
(http://www.flash.net/~maserati/ID/StarBlazers/SBBrevenge.html) and
I'll put a picture up of my SBB mini (nice mini to paint) as soon as
I can get my hands on a camera.

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
Overkill: A Sufficient Preponderance of Firepower
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/

Prev: [FT] The Long Journey Home (AAR) Part 6/6 Next: Kudos!