Prev: Re: [FT] Eldar minis Next: Re: FMA Skills [CLEAN STAMP]

FMA Skirmish and skills

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 13:35:54 -0400
Subject: FMA Skirmish and skills

Mr. Rutherford (Rick!) wrote:

In their new miniatures game (called "Vor"), FASA figured out how to
do
something that no other game company has done yet: add a role-playing
system to the miniatures game, so that players can improve their units
in
between games, and keep track of their units from one battle to the
next.
Even if there's nothing else to recommend the game, that will keep
their
players coming back for more.

** Rick, I have yet to see Vor, but I have seen such things in other
games. It is a quaint GWism in Necromunda, Bloodbowl, and other games
to do just that.

** My own 0.04 (I talk a lot) is that FMA-RPG and FMA-Skirmish should
remain distinct. If we want to take the FMA-Skirmish rules as the
"combat supplement" for an RPG, that would be fine, but let us leave
FMA-Skirmish as what Jon seems to be aiming it for - a Skirmish game.
If we want to work up some RPG concepts as a supplement (which makes a
lot of sense, and I'd love to do.... I think the idea of role playing
in the GZG verse is rife with possibility), then that is meat for
another discussion.

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: Re: [FT] Eldar minis Next: Re: FMA Skills [CLEAN STAMP]