Prev: Re: [OT sorta} SFC? Next: Re: [FT] Vector Silliness

[OFFICIAL] A small request.... :-)

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 23:46:58 +0100
Subject: [OFFICIAL] A small request.... :-)

Hi all,

I'm looking for a few people who might have the time and talent to
contribute some bits of artwork for forthcoming publications (primarily
FT3, but also for FMA and other projects down the line).

I'd better clarify this a little......

Is there anyone out there who would be willing to do us some art, either
hand-drawn or computer-generated? I need to start thinking about
internal
art (B&W) for forthcoming books and maybe even the cover for FT3 (don't
all
go crazy, it is still some way off, that's why I'm asking now!).....

Has anyone maybe already modelled any of the ships in 3D on their
computer,
or done anything for their own amusement that would be good enough to
publish?

Boefore going any further, I must make this very clear: I CAN'T AFFORD
PAY CASH for artwork (I wish I could, but the whole print operation is
on a
shoestring budget anyway to bring the books in at a reasonable retail
price), but it will of course gain you immeasurable peer-group
admiration,
a limited amount of fame (!) and probably a whole bucket load of funny
shaped metal bits to stick in your drawer and never get round to
painting
(not to mention a great deal of grateful thanks and glowing credits in
the
book....).

Now, having said we can't pay money, I'm sorry if the next bit sounds
cheeky - but the work has GOT to be good - very good. You know how many
times you open a rulebook and think  "hmmm, pretty rough art, why didn't
they get some decent stuff...?" (and yes, I know this applies to some of
our own products too!) - well, to avoid this we really need to print
only
very good stuff.

Well, I've asked. Hope no-one minds me doing so. If anyone wants to
reply,
PLEASE do it OFF LIST.

Thanks for listening (reading??), and we now return you to your regular
programming.....

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [OT sorta} SFC? Next: Re: [FT] Vector Silliness