Prev: RE: Vector Movement and SML's Next: Re: Rules and Howdy! RE: [FT] Kra'Vak question. Was: [GenCon] Kra'Vak AAR

RE: ADFC and PDS (was: Vector Movement and SML's)

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 08:58:48 -0400
Subject: RE: ADFC and PDS (was: Vector Movement and SML's)

Currently, in the Fleet Book, you can't do this with ADFC's either. All
ADFC's do is allow you to fire PDS at fighters/missiles that are
attacking
one other friendly ship that is within 6" of your ADFC equipped ship.
This
is a change from the 2nd edition ADAF. It does NOT allow you to attack
any
fighter/missiles within range.

This extended one of my gripes from the 2nd edition rules (and made it
worse). That is a player can place a huge number of fighters within
spitting
distance from an enemy ship, and unless he targets the ship the enemy
ship
can do NOTHING about it!

PDS should be able to attack any fighter/missile within its range. ADFC
should allow PDS' from all ships within 6" of each other to combine and
coordinate fire with a maximum range of 6" from the ship closest to the
fighters/missiles (maximum range of 12" from any ship in the ADFC
network).

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net