Prev: RE: [FT] Vector Silliness Next: Re: [FT] Vector Silliness

Re: [FT] Vector Silliness

From: Keith Watt <kwatt@E...>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 10:10:14 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Vector Silliness

Roger Books wrote:

> > 3) Limit "push" movement to 1 and allow a ship to "push" forward.
This
> > brings "push" movement back to what it should be. Minimal,
adjustments for
> > docking. Rationalization: Maneuvering thrusters are MUCH less
powerful than
> > the main drive.
>
> You forgot
>
> 4.  Do not allow a push and a thrust to be separated by a rotate.

Or even simpler and more realistic, don't allow pushes at all.	A
thruster push, I feel sure, was inspired by the idea of "docking
thrusters" for finely-controlled movements, but in order to use those
thrusters to get the kind of results you see from pushes in the rules,
you've got to have a main drive mounted on all four sides of the ship.
Aside from the fact that this would look silly (note none of the minis
do this!), it's really totally unnecessary.  Just allow any number or
combination of rotates and main drives and all the problems are solved.

Just my 2 cents worth..
Keith

Prev: RE: [FT] Vector Silliness Next: Re: [FT] Vector Silliness