Prev: Re: GenCon: Aieeee! Next: Re: Movement thoughts for FMA from Mike - my reply :)

Re: [GenCon] Kra'Vak AAR

From: Mark Reindl <mreindl@j...>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 06:28:45 -0700
Subject: Re: [GenCon] Kra'Vak AAR

Since vector movement allows a ship with any thrust rating to rotate to
any
position, it kind of makes trying to get behind it a bit pointless.  Why
bother
trying to get your fleet behind that Komarov SD when it can just rotate
around
and vaporize you anyway?  At least with cinematic movement, it takes so
long for
a thrust 2 ship to turn that a higher thrust opponent should be able to
get and
stay behind him.

Mark

wrote:
> > >Were you using cinematic or vector movement?
> >
> > Cinematic
> >
> > >Have you played the scenario using both?
> >
> > Vector movement tends to put high thrust ships at a slight
disadvantage, so
> > I opted against it. I wanted it to be a good representation of the
K'V