Prev: Re: [DS2][SG2] Robot Dogs Next: Re: DSII datafiles

Re: The sands of Mars and the gray shores of Luna

From: "Scott Case" <tgunner@h...>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 15:40:26 PDT
Subject: Re: The sands of Mars and the gray shores of Luna

>Yup, and did you notice on the copyright info page who "Ian Douglas"
> >really is? The books are credited to William H. Keith Jr.......
>Given that they are really very much like the rest of Keith's combat
>SF
>output, I wonder why he is using a pseudonym this time?

William H. Keith has a website that explains that. He basically says
that
many publishers tend to skip past established writers after a bit and go
for
new talent. Keith said that he wrote by that name to avoid that
pitfall...

>Haven't read Semper Mars yet, but Lunar Marine (book 2) is pretty >good
as
>this sort of stuff goes.

It was kinda out there, but the combat stuff was awesome. Keith/Douglas
pretty much stuck to the real world, definately hard core sci-fi stuff
:)

Scott

PS: I thought Semper Mars was a bit better than Lunar Marine, worth the
bucks

>Jon (GZG)
> >
> >So, like I'm now dying to try some of that stuff in Star Grunt.
Anybody