Prev: Re: GenCon! Day 1. Next: Re: Tuffleyverse, States of Europe

[GenCon] Kra'Vak AAR

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 08:24:10 -0700
Subject: [GenCon] Kra'Vak AAR

Hi All,

I ran "Affairs of State" at GenCon this year, a three way scenario
between
FSE, NSL and K'V. I used essentially the same rules we've all been
discussing forever ;-) However, I used 6+ for Railgun doubling (I
believe
5+ is the alternate).

It turned out to be remarkably balanced. The K'V lost, but more because
of
lack of effective tactics than anything else.

The K'V divided their forces, half going for each human fleet (mistake
number one).

The K'V and FSE seem well suited opponents. SMLs force the K'V to expend
their scatterguns. The FSE are less maneuverable, but have better arcs,
and
the K'V are the other way around. In this game the K'V did not take
advantage of that manueverability (mistake number two).

The K'V NSL match-up was particularly one sided because they did not
take
advantage of their speed (mistake number three) to close to optimal
Railgun
range, nor did they then use their superior turning after passing to
catch
the NSL from behind.

On the whole, I think that the methods we came up with to balance the
Kra'Vak worked quite well.

Schoon

PS - I'll post the scenario later

Prev: Re: GenCon! Day 1. Next: Re: Tuffleyverse, States of Europe