Prev: [FT] Simple EW Next: Re: [FT] Vector Move question

Re: [OT] The Ythri

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 21:42:22 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [OT] The Ythri

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Say what you will about me! I comprehend very little
of it anyway. (The Tick) wrote:

> A month or so ago a side topic of a thread came up about an old
> Metagaming Concepts game called "The Ythri". After I mentioned
> that I had a copy of the game two people asked me (one private,
> one on the list) if it would be possible for me to scan the cover
> of the game in. I finally was able to arrange this and said cover
> image is now viewable at:
>
>     http://scivax.stsci.edu/~kochte/ythri.jpg

it looks rather good. now can anyone explain to me what it depicts?

it looks like a moon (in the "that's no moon ..." vein) above a planet
(possibly the Earth), with a trio of spacecraft with green-trail-making
drives dropping an armada of interface craft onto the planet. in
addition,
something is happening to the moon: it looks like someone is shooting
it.
possibly up to three separate things (a blob on a line to the right,
three
blobs in the middle and something off to the right) are shooting it.

so, what is what and who is who?

> Can't keep it up there for long. So go look while ya can! :)

this sounds like a job for .. the GZG-L public web archive thing!

ftp://ftp.xoom.com/
user: GZG_L
pass: nacesu

either bung i in the root directory or in a folder somewhere. provided
that this is clear on the copyright front, of course.

tom

Prev: [FT] Simple EW Next: Re: [FT] Vector Move question