Prev: Re: "Combat Walkers" Next: [FT] Vector Move question

DSII Questions

From: "Hedglin, Nils A" <nils.a.hedglin@i...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 11:09:09 -0700
Subject: DSII Questions

I was reading through the rules to refresh my memory in preparation for
game next week & wanted to get the list's consensus on some questions:

1) Does a System Down affect APSWs on a vehicle?  I'd say no, since you
don't need a FireCon for multiple APSWs, therefore they aren't controled
by
the systems that are down.

2) Does repairing a System Down take an activation?  The rules say
"during
any activation", not "as an activiation".

3) Since in normal direct fire combat, infantry can fire IAVRs
automatically, how does the check for fire effectiveness in an infantry
firefight affect infantry firing IAVRs at supporting vehicles?	Do the
IAVR
firing stands automatically fire & the fire effectiveness roll only
affect
the remaining stands?  Are they included in the affect of the roll?

4) If the defender in a close assault voluntarily withdraws, do he still
have to take a Confidence Test?  I'm guessing that he does, since the
troops
could loose morale by retreating.

5) Just for clarification, if either side in a close assault reached 50%
casualties, they have to take a Confidence Test both at the moment of
crossing 50% & again at the end of the current round of combat to see if
they break, correct?  I'd say yes, since the break test at the end of
the
round is for a different reason than the 50% casualty test.

6) Again for clarification, if 2 units are combining their activation
for a
close assault, and one of them fails the initial charge Reaction Test,
does
this count as a "fall back" for the second get the +1 to all subsequent
Threat checks?	I'd say no, since the failed unit never moved forward to
allow it to fall back.

7) Is there any detrement for Engineers being Under Fire while trying to
clear a mine field, other than the +1 Reaction Test for moving?  I'd say
no,
since that's the whole point of their job, to perform engineering tasks
under fire.  On the other hand, I know that the Under Fire rules say
that
the test is made for any movement, but I'd think a unit that's been
trained
to work under fire wouldn't need to check to move from a very dangerous
position (clearing mines in open ground) to a more secure position
(under
cover of it's vehicles).

Thanks in advance,
Nils Hedglin
Nils.A.Hedglin@Intel.Com

Prev: Re: "Combat Walkers" Next: [FT] Vector Move question