Prev: RE: "Combat Walkers" Next: Re: "Combat Walkers"

RE: LADs and aerospace.

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 09:32:43 +1000
Subject: RE: LADs and aerospace.

I'm presuming this is for Dirtside.  According to the strict rules, you
can't engage any aerospace assets in DS without a LAD or ZAD, as nothing
else really has the firecontrol or reaction speed to fire.

Using your main guns against aerospace is feasable as an option, but you
would need to use the rules out of SG, shift FC die down one when firing
at
aerospace targets.  The only problem is, this is only available for
weapons
with a General Purpose firecontrol, whereas most vehicles only use
Ground-to-ground firecontrols (hence the addition of LAD systems).

Personally, I allow vehicles with a LAD system to engage aerospace
assets
with their main gun, but only on that units activation, NOT as an
opportunity or defensive fire action.

Neath Southern Skies
http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/