Prev: Re: "Combat Walkers" Next: Re: FT:hex grid, Wave Guns

Re: "Combat Walkers"

From: "Eli Arndt" <emu2020@h...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 18:42:47 PDT
Subject: Re: "Combat Walkers"

I have actually been using OOP Jovian Chronicles mecha.  They have  body

styling that looks similar to the NSL hard armor, complete with weapons
slung under arms.  They are about the same size as Gears (which I also
have
a few of) but have a distinctive style to them.

I've included some stats as well as a weapon system I use with them.

SwerPanzerkampanzug 2
Ungeheuer  ‘Ogre’ Infantry Walker

MOBILITY TYPE:	Walker
SIZE CLASS:  1
ARMOUR CLASS:  1
WEAPONRY:  1 x Arm-mounted GAC/1 with
Enhanced Fire Control and 2 x GMS/P
with Enhanced Fire Control.
CREW:  1
TROOPS:  None
OTHER EQUIPMENT:  Superior ECM, Decoy
Launchers, and Smoke Dischargers.
This is the stats for the baseline unit.  I designed them with stats to
match their sleek, high-concept lines.	 ECM and such seemed to apply as

their weapons are cowled and they are heavily vented and shielded.  A
few
variants exsist, including an advanced recon unit, and a heavy,
anti-armour
unit which scales out at Size Class 2, simply because of armour and
weapons
upgrades as well as an engine boost to accomidate them.

Below are stats for a weapon system I am thinking of equipping them or
my
gears with.

Panzerfausts
Not the vintage weapon of World War Two fame, but rather a new armament
system designed for use by combat walkers, the
Panzerfaust offers a powerful punch with a minimumal investment of
technology and resources.  A massive shaped charge is
fitted to the end of a rocket propulsion system, triggered by a simple
hand
control on the shaft.  Unlike their 20th century
predicessor, though, the new Panzerfausts are designed to be launched
single-handedly, making them more easily accessible on
a raging battlefield.  In this way, they are hefted underhanded and
pointed
at the target, relyiing on the weight and strength of
the firing walker to stabilize and handle the recoil.

[Fire Control: Basic, Impact: 2D8.  Unaffected by smoke.  Panzerfausts
require no space within the vehicle.]

Laterz,

Eli

Prev: Re: "Combat Walkers" Next: Re: FT:hex grid, Wave Guns