Prev: Re: Columbiads Next: Re:FT: hex grid, Wave Guns

FT: hex grid, Wave Guns

From: Glen Bailey <Glen.Bailey@s...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:08:10 -0400
Subject: FT: hex grid, Wave Guns

Anyone else play FT on a hex grid playing area?  We have been, it
takes some explaining about hex spine movement but it works well.
We made a house rule that if your movement ends on a hex spine
then shift to the hex forward and to the right.  Someone wanted
to have the option of choosing which hex but that seems unfair
to me since no other position has this advantage.  Another wanted
to alternate left and right, but then that requires keeping track
and I prefer to keep bookkeeping to a minimum.	Any thoughts?

Then I fired a Wave Gun on the hex grid.  But a two inch diameter
is not quite the same as two hexes.  When facing a hexside then
what 2 of 3 hexes does the wave gun travel?  Firer's choice?
When facing a hex spine the first hex of travel is easy (a hex
on either side) but the second hex of travel has a hex in the
middle and one to either side.	So which one of those is
the wave gun in?  Use the same method as ships and go to the one
on the right?.	Any suggestions?

Glen

Prev: Re: Columbiads Next: Re:FT: hex grid, Wave Guns