Prev: Full Metal Atkinson (long--are you surprised?) Next: Re: [OT] Mailing Lists and Lightbulbs.....

Re: [FMA] Unofficial suggestions for variant

From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 08:26:02 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FMA] Unofficial suggestions for variant

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999 23:50:33 +0100 Prankster
<ponder-stibbons@unseen-university88.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Full Metal Apocralypse: Possibly similar to Full Metal Apocalypse BUT
we don't know when or how it will happen. (DW Reference) <

Or even _if_.... Special Rules required for one side stopping off at a
pub and forgetting that they're supposed to be bringing about the end
of the world. Do we need some kind of super-ultra-wonder rating/die
modifier for that weapon of weapons, the half-brick in a sock? <g> (if
you don't understand this, read the book).

How about:

Full Metal Anachronism: each side has to fight with weapons (literally)
used in the last war -- or even further back. Can't you just see the
tanks with their turrets replaced by catapults? <g>

Full Metal Anti-social: _either_ one or both sides gets up in a snit
and leaves before the game can be finished, _or_ it's a gang rumble in
which the primary weapon is the steel-capped boot.

Full Metal Atlantis: combat beneath the waves, featuring mermen and
-maids and/or (if you follow DC or Marvel comics) water-breathers. With
fish/whales/octopi as heavy units. Of course, the truly... uh, don't
really know how to descibe these people, so forget it -- might want to
use "Sharkey and George" characters; I kinda like the idea of Col. Claw
and his army as minis....

Phil