Prev: Re: What does FMA stand for? Next: RE: [FMA] Unofficial suggestions for variant

Re: [FT] Ship morale

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 23:21:33 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Ship morale

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Laserlight wrote:

> >If a ship is no longer an effective fighting unit (i.e. massive
damage)
> then I
> >would see an admiral not only not denying the request, but ordering
it if
> >necessary.  A ship is a very expensive piece of equipment and if it
was the
> >difference between saving a ship to repair and having a bunch of
wreckage
> >clean up, I would expect that everyone involved (except for the guys
> shooting at
> >them) would rather have a ship.
>
> Count victory points as Point Cost / Hull Boxes (eg Alacrity class BC
20
> Hull Boxes, about 350 points, each hull box destroyed wins 3.5
points), with
> a bonus of say 50%for finishing it off and +100% for capturing it.
>
> Sound reasonable?

almost. i'd say a full 100% bonus for killing it on table, or perhaps a
penalty equal to its original cost to the owning player. it is far more
expensive to build a ship than to repair even a badly damaged hulk
(although in many cases you go for the scrap + build for other reasons).

tom

Prev: Re: What does FMA stand for? Next: RE: [FMA] Unofficial suggestions for variant