Prev: Re: [FMA] Unofficial suggestions for variant Next: Message not deliverable

RE: [FMA] Suppression alternatives

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 16:55:33 +1000
Subject: RE: [FMA] Suppression alternatives

Definately more inhibited; as long as you've got some cover to hide
behind,
anyway.

The multiple removed suppressions would have some advantages &
disadvantages, when combined with the 'Suppressed figures in the open'
rules.	Those Ld 3 troops aren't going to be very willing to stick their
necks out when they've got a nice rock to hide behind, but Ld 1 troops
are
going to be real eager beavers, ready to get stuck in regardless of the
odds
(if they can roll higher than a 1...)

I don't have time to do any physical playtesting at the moment, but
maybe
anyone with insane amounts of time could try it with the SG/DS max 3
suppressions & the multiple suppression removal.
Q die > Ld x 1 = 1 removed suppression
Q die > Ld x 2 = 2 removed suppressions
Q die > Ld x 3 = 3 removed suppressions
Low motivation & quality troops won't go anywhere when the enemy gangs
up on
them...

'Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/

	Subject:	RE: FMA Skirmish test results

> Question for
> discussion: if you're under fire, are you more inhibited if you think
more
> people are firing at you, or doesn't it make much difference?
>
> An alternative idea we had was to allow up to 2 suppression chits, but
> say that if you rolled better than TWICE your motivation number, then
you
> removed 2 chits at once (eg: a Veteran/2 would need 3 or better on his
D10