Prev: Re: What does FMA stand for? Next: Goofy German Death Jeeps

Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA TEST MATERIAL - PART 1 (rules)

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:46:05 -0600
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA TEST MATERIAL - PART 1 (rules)

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:07:26 +0100, Ground Zero Games writes:

>>priority email (which doesn't include list traffic, but does include
>>bounces).  I say the bounce and was pretty sure you'd have split it up
>>and sent it on, but wasn't positive (and didn't want to delve into the
>>2000+ email messages in my mailing lists folder).  So I just sent it
>>on thinking at worst it would be redundant, and at best it would get
>>out sooner.
>
>Thanks for the explanation, Matt, and no problem. I was just curious as
>how it happened. Won't the list server handle messages over a certain
size
>without direct list admin intervention?

The list has a max_size variable set, mostly top prevent people
sending huge mime encoded pics or bouncing digests to the main list.
The old limit was 15K, which is normally large enough enough.  Since I
haven't seen any big posts recently, I've upped the limit to 25k.  If
I'm arround, its generally not a problem.  I spend far too much time
online. :)

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Re: What does FMA stand for? Next: Goofy German Death Jeeps