Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish test results Next: What does FMA stand for?

Re: FMA Skirmish test results

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:17:35 +1200
Subject: Re: FMA Skirmish test results

Adrian wrote:
>How about including "arc of fire" counters on the FMA-Skirmish counter
sheet.	A counter with a 90 degree arc indicated on it.  When the player
declares that the figure is "going on overwatch" he places an overwatch
counter down showing the arc of fire that the model is covering.

St. St. St. Jon wrote:
> Hmm, I like this in principle, but I can see potential problems and
arguments arising from exact positioning of a half-inch counter and
trying
to extend out from an arc printed on it. If all players are reasonable
about it then it could work well, but if they aren't then it could be a
real sticking point. Other opinions anyone?

When I was writing up your rule for Overwatch and converting it to DSII,
did this:

		Place the OVERWATCH marker in the firing arc that the
unit is
overwatching. When an enemy unit MOVES (not FIREs!) in this arc, the
OVERWATCH unit may (note that it doesn't have to!) interrupt the move
and
fire at the enemy unit.

Because I was thinking of DSII miniatures, I imagined the 90 degree arc
as
being equivalent to the fixed mount firing arc (which in our games is
the
front 90 degree arc).
	How about marking the overwatch counter an arrow, and align with
the
figure's base? That forms the straight ahead line and players have to
agree
amongst themselves where the exact limits of +/- 45 degrees of straight
ahead are.
	If they can't agree, let them roll the quality of the figure/s
being moved
and the firer/s, the higher roll getting the advantage.

Andrew Martin
Who has run out of "A"s to have fun with...
Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Online @ 33,600 Baud!
-><-

Prev: Re: FMA Skirmish test results Next: What does FMA stand for?