Prev: Re: [FT] Ship morale Next: Top Ten Reasons to Attend GZG-ECC III

Re: Groppos and Combat Moves - FMAish

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 15:20:05 -0400
Subject: Re: Groppos and Combat Moves - FMAish

In message <007201bed215$b7a45920$309f413f@jerry.cvzoom.net>, "Jerry"
writes:

> >as you would like. But, OTOH, anyone who has tried to run through the
> >bush in paintball will tell you how far you go through unknown bush
is
> >sort of a random quantity because the footing, rocks, etc. all tend
>
> Isn't this already factored in by move restricitons due to
terrain?????  I
> didn't think the "combat move" die roll had anything to do with
terrain,
> since even its results are modified by terrain.
>
> I think people are confused on what exactly the "combat move" in SGII
is.

I haven't gotten that sense.  You're looking at two different factors:

Contolled movement; i.e., moving carefully from one spot to the next.
You will obviously be able to do this faster on a road than through a
swamp, hence the terrain modifiers.

Uncontrolled movement (combat move); i.e., running all out for that
small
patch of cover before you get shot.  The idea is that you are more
likely
to have immediate problems (roots, bricks, etc...) interfering with this
movement, and can't know for sure what rate you will be able to move at.
This is still modified by the terrain you're in, but also by the fact
that
you are attempting to move much faster than normal through that terrain.

Prev: Re: [FT] Ship morale Next: Top Ten Reasons to Attend GZG-ECC III