Prev: Re: [OT] Crimson Skies [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: [FT] Ship morale

Re: Groppos and Combat Moves - FMAish

From: "Jerry" <jerrym@c...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:37:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Groppos and Combat Moves - FMAish

>On the matter of combat moves:
>In SG2, 2 dice makes some sense - you can't coordinate a squad as well
>as you would like. But, OTOH, anyone who has tried to run through the
>bush in paintball will tell you how far you go through unknown bush is
>sort of a random quantity because the footing, rocks, etc. all tend to
>have random effects, and you can hurt yourself if you are too stupid.
>The same is true in urban settings with lots of rubble.

Isn't this already factored in by move restricitons due to terrain?????
didn't think the "combat move" die roll had anything to do with terrain,
since even its results are modified by terrain.

I think people are confused on what exactly the "combat move" in SGII
is.

Jerry the Slightly Mad....

"Leadstrom"  http://www.cvzoom.net/~jerrym

Prev: Re: [OT] Crimson Skies [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: [FT] Ship morale