Prev: Re: [FT] Ship morale Next: Re: M-16 Replacement (yet another Popular Mechanics article)

RE: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts.... [CLEAN STAMP]

From: "Rick Rutherford" <rick@e...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 12:52:08 -0400
Subject: RE: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts.... [CLEAN STAMP]

On 7/18/99 11:42 PM, Laserlight wrote:

> I'd have to say that the range of the weapon is not dependent on the
> skill of the user.  If one of our shooters pulls the trigger or I do,
the
> bullet (or plasma) is going to go just as far.  Now, I may not be able
> HIT anything, but that's a function of skill rather than the weapon
> itself.

...right, but you're rolling the dice to see if you hit a moving target,
not to see how far you made the bullet go. :) Since the range bands
describe how easy/hard it is to hit a target at different ranges, they
should be a function of the shooter's skill, modified by the inherent
usability of the weapon (i.e. shorter for pistols, longer for rifles).

--
Rick Rutherford

[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
This email message and any attachments were scanned by the WorldSecure
Server that protects Electronic Systems and it's customers. No Viruses
were detected in this message.

======

Prev: Re: [FT] Ship morale Next: Re: M-16 Replacement (yet another Popular Mechanics article)