Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts.... Next: Re: M-16 Replacement

Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:08:57 +1000
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....

G'day guys,

Can't claim to have kept up with all this FMA stuff [OK I haven't read
it
to be honest, so I'll just send this and wait for the excumincation
notice
to arrive ;)  ], and I know zip about firearms (beyond using them
against
snakes and stuff on the farm), but with regard to the mechanics of
ranges
could you maybe combine the range bands and the firer's skill? For
instance:

Shooter ----------------|--------------------|------------------|
			  Point 	Effective      Ineffective

			  blank 	  fire		     fire

Where the end point of ineffective fire is the absolute max range of the
weapon and then the relative widths of each of the 3 bands depends on
the
shooter's quality - so really good guy would have longer point
blank/effective fire ranges whereas 'green' guys would have a much
longer
ineffective fire band (as their point blank/effective fire ones had been
much contracted).

That was probably absolutely no help, so I'll shut up now.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts.... Next: Re: M-16 Replacement