Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts.... Next: New SG2 15mm photos

Re: New AoG "Fleet Scale" ships?

From: kwasTAKETHISOUT@o... (Kr'rt)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 17:11:02 GMT
Subject: Re: New AoG "Fleet Scale" ships?

I saw a few of the AOG Fleet ships at Origins '99.  They looked pretty
decent.  There didn't seem to be any of the flash/fitting problems
that caused me such anguish with the first run of AOG figs.  The
fighters were decently priced for 3 stands of 6 ftrs. (around $8 USD)
They were also scaled for "normal" FT ops.

On the other hand, I also saw their Nova and Olympus ships and balked
at the pricing of $13 USD apiece.  I exclaimed to the booth trolls but
they shrugged and made noises about "licensing fees."

On the Off-Topic Gripping Hand, I grabbed all of the Ral Partha
"Crimson Skies" Line.  They were decently priced and cut me about $15
off the total when I bought them.  These are for their alternate
1930's aviation game and the minis are very nice.  No real flash
probs, no construction probs and sweet designs of this oddball era of
aviation infancy.  Lots of pusher planes and strange canard-using prop
jobs with rear gun turrets.  <smirk>

-=Kr'rt

Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts.... Next: New SG2 15mm photos