Prev: Limpets Next: New AoG "Fleet Scale" ships?

Re: Limpets

From: ScottSaylo@a...
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 14:09:01 EDT
Subject: Re: Limpets

In a message dated 7/16/99 1:04:07 PM EST, Nick_Dingle@freenet.co.uk
writes:

<<
 Have to be something in a campaign perhaps, you know some kind of
special
 thingy you could pull on an enemy to disable one of his ships . . .  I
 agree, though, it wouldn't really work in a one-off game  (ie Turn 4:
limpet
 mines engaged, enemy SDNs disabled, game over)

Limpets are usually applied to another ship or vehicle surreptitiously.
The
only place you might find them being applied would be by swimmers or
small
boats in fleet anchorages. Now what's the closest corralary in FT? Ships
in
orbit (either planetary or deep space LaGrange Point achorages. here the

limpets might be emplaced. In a scenario or campaing as ship s in orbit
try
to power up and get underway some will find they have been limpet
attacked
and will take damage as they try to become mobile. My two pfennig's
worth.

Prev: Limpets Next: New AoG "Fleet Scale" ships?