Prev: Re: [FMA] wounds Next: NOVAGCON 99

Re: FMA Discussion Points

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:00:07 -0400
Subject: Re: FMA Discussion Points

>ACTIONS
>So far I have the following list:

>MOVE
>FIRE
>AIM
>ENGAGE IN CLOSE COMBAT
>COMMUNICATE
>TRANSFER ACTIVATION
>GO ON OVERWATCH
>CHANGE WEAPON
>PREPARE WEAPON
>TREAT CASUALTY
>ATTEMPT TO REMOVE SUPPRESSION
>REMOVE A RELOAD CHIT
>TAKE COVER
>DO NOTHING
>
>Is this list complete? Are there any that should be added or removed?

Shouldn't there be 2 types of MOVE action:  Regular Move, and Fast Move?
Also, what about a "Dodging Move" - something like you get to move your
regular move, but it costs both your actions and you can't do anything
else
- but you are harder to hit...

What about "Interrogate" - find out from a captured prisoner about enemy
"secrets" on the board, like mine counters, etc.

How about "Prepare Item" or "Repair Item" or "Use Item" as actions.  For
example, picking a lock on a door (Cop sneaking into a gang building),
setting explosives, changing batteries in a found radio, etc etc etc.
Lots
of scenario possibilities with this kind of thing, but there needs to be
mechanism for interacting with stuff in the world other than weapons.

Are vehicles likely to come into this game - and if so, would they be
part
of the core rules (police APC for example, or biker gangs on bikes)?  If
so, what about "Driving/Piloting" as an action?  Or do we say that this
is
an "expansion" sort of thing, and leave it alone for the present?

Would "Embark/Disembark" from a vehicle be a separate type of action?

>When should Reaction Tests be taken? So far I have the following:
>
>When isolated ("Where is everyone?")
>In order to enter close combat ("Chaaarge!!")
>To stand against an enemy attempting to enter close combat ("Look out
>boys, here they come!")
>Friendly casualty in line of sight ("Hey, they’re shooting at us!")
>Moving through smoke
>
>Any others?

How about:

When suffers a wound?
When fired at by terror causing weapon (ie flame thrower)?

That's it for now - maybe more later :)

Adrian

Adrian Johnson
ajohnson@idirect.com

Prev: Re: [FMA] wounds Next: NOVAGCON 99