Prev: FMA Discussion Points Next: Re: Ground-Based Fighters (longish)

Re: Ground-Based Fighters (longish)

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:35:28 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Ground-Based Fighters (longish)

On 16-Jul-99 at 09:24, ScottSaylo@aol.com (ScottSaylo@aol.com) wrote:
> In a message dated 7/15/99 6:44:23 PM EST, schoon@aimnet.com writes:
>
> <<
>  Or what happens to those facilities when the fighters are relocated.
>
>  Those facilities are just as important as a carrier in battle - and
>  potentially just as large a target.
>   >>

> Ever visit an abandoned airfield? The weeds grow up through the
taxiways,
> the  glass vanishes from the buildings and it just quietly rots. In
space
> this	would be even more dramatic

Why?  Nothing to oxidize them, no plants to tear at them.  Just a
micro-meteorite every 20 or 30 years and a bit of radiation.   I
guess maybe temperature changes if it is on orbit, but otherwise space
is about the most stable environment around.

I think your prices are reversed.  15%/year for planet bound,
25% for hostile atmosphere, and 5% for space.

Roger Books

Prev: FMA Discussion Points Next: Re: Ground-Based Fighters (longish)