Prev: RE: [FMA] wounds Next: Re: Totally OT, but observation about list members...

Creepshow

From: Cleats Balentine <kevinbalentine@y...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 21:50:41 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Creepshow

My SG2 is currently playing a loose campaign centered
on a region undergoing a type of strife similar to
that found in Kosovo until recently.

I have been toying with the idea of doing a
"Creepshow"-type scenario near the site of a mass
grave. As two forces meet in a small engagement,
undead soldiers rise from the grave and attack both
forces. Some inspiration for this has to be credited
to comic books like "Weird War" and others.

Anyway, I've been working on some house rules for
these undead soldiers, and here's what I've come up
with so far. Any suggestions or creative criticism
would be most appreciated.

The undead soldiers are incapable of any actions other
than shambling at a 4-inch rate of movement or firing
their dirty (but amazingly still functional) rifles.

They do not make combat moves, nor do they ever seek
cover. They may receive the benefits of cover if they
happen to occupy a forest or a building, but if they
have a choice of staying in cover or advancing on a
squad of the living, they will advance.

Undead soldiers ignore wound results. Only a kill
result immobilizes them, and sometimes they can get
back up from those. Roll a d6 for each dead figure, on
a 1, the figure is removed from play (literally given
up the ghost) on a 6, the soldier shambles back to his
feet and continues his march.

The undead organize into groups of whatever is
convenient. They don't have to do reorganise actions
to group, they just shamble on in hopes of reaching
still-living flesh.

As to unit quality, I guess they should be "green"
(just like their skin <g>) and use a d6. Their
leadership rating is a 1, but I can't think of any
circumstance where that might come into play. They
don't take reaction tests and they never panic.

Oh yeah, they cause terror.

I can picture this great scene with the NSL sniper
perched on her outcropping, popping head shot after
head shot into the ranks of the undead, but they just
keep coming ...

So, these are just my rough ideas right now, any help
"fleshing" them out would be welcome.

We always play very hardcore military-style scenarios,
but this might be a nice one-shot change of pace.

Prev: RE: [FMA] wounds Next: Re: Totally OT, but observation about list members...