Prev: Re: Marksmanship Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....

Re: [FMA] Shotgun spread, was Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA playtest version

From: Kenneth Winland <kwinland@c...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 20:49:06 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FMA] Shotgun spread, was Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA playtest version

	Howdy!

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999, Voivode Shrike (a.k.a. Ryan) wrote:

>     Anyway, to the first gentleman' comment, FMA isn't just about
combat
> shotguns, the mention of gang members and all brings up what kind of
weapons
> they will be using and a sawed-off shotgun is not altogether uncommon
in
> terms of such things and MUCH more common in reality than any sort of
> automatic weapons in a gang members hands.  If an individual with a
> sawed-off double barrel shotgun shoots at two men exiting a doorway
with
> buckshot rounds, there is a great chance that they will both be hit.
This
> suggest that there does need to be some spread effect for some weapons
(not
> just shotguns) to emulate this level of detail, (sure in warfare, guys
don't
> stand shoulder to shoulder. But gunfights in an urban environment are
much
> more crowed and a "streetsweeper" is wonderful in such environments.
FMA's
> scope of operations seems to warrant at least optional rules for such
an
> event.

	I think that you would be VERY surprised how little a sawed-off
shotgun spreads.  Most decrease barrel length for concealability.

	Sawing a barrel off or changing the choke will enhance the
spread, but you are not going to be able to engage multiple targets at
range.

>     Ass for the third comment, I agree that knock-back is a silly
> hollywoodism, but spread fire is a reality (albeit not necessarily to
the
> extent as shown in film).

	"Spread fire" with respects to supressing or engaging fire from
fully automatic weapons>  Or "spread fire" from shotguns?

	Ken

Prev: Re: Marksmanship Next: RE: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....