Prev: Re: Gothic Thrus Next: Re: Auxillary Cruisers

Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 08:55:19 -0700
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts....

>Now, an alternative method, and one closer to what we used in Stargunt
II,
>is to relate range bands of weapons to the firer's quality rating - so
each
>figure has a "basic range band" equal to his/her quality die type - eg:
6"
>for a green, 10" for  veteran etc. Different types of weapon then use
>MULTIPLIERS on this basic range band to represent differing inherent
>accuracies - eg: pistols and machine-pistols might use 0.5 (pretty
>inaccurate at anything over point-blank), assault rifles 1, heavier or
more
>accurate weapons 2 or even 3.

Go with this alternate method. Troop quality does have alot to do with
effective range of aimed and "unaimed" fire. It doesn't add much in the
way
of complexity, but contributes significantly to the realism and feel of
the
game. The SGII correlation is a happy bonus.

Schoon

Prev: Re: Gothic Thrus Next: Re: Auxillary Cruisers