Prev: Re: Marksmanship Next: Marksmanship - longish

Re: Marksmanship

From: ScottSaylo@a...
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 11:28:17 EDT
Subject: Re: Marksmanship

In a message dated 7/14/99 10:11:47 AM EST, books@mail.state.fl.us
writes:

<<
 I believe (back to those old NRA mags) that an M16 was basicly unusable
 for hunting at ranges beyond 100 meters.  Seems the bullet tumbles
after
 about 100 meters so hitting anything beyond that range is sheer
 luck.	(Well, they were testing a non-auto version of the M16, AR15?).

 I wonder what the Pentagon claims for ranges on an M16.

Tumble really only becomes a factor if the round clips something, brush,

flesh whatever this starts the round tumbling. I would trust the M-16 on
clear hunting shot at maybe 250 yards, on auto burst maybe 200 yards
MAX.

Prev: Re: Marksmanship Next: Marksmanship - longish