Prev: Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns Next: FMA

Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns

From: ScottSaylo@a...
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:51:52 EDT
Subject: Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns

In a message dated 7/14/99 8:09:02 AM EST, books@mail.state.fl.us
writes:

<<
 I believe (I'd have to go back and check out my grandfathers NRA mags)
 that smaller shot does not get you increased spread, just better
coverage
 in the area covered by the spread.  BTW 00 is for deer, not people.
The
 coverage on 00 is kind of splotchy because there are so few pellets.
Use
 0 or even better, 1 for home defense. :)

I knew a Vietnam Vet who carried a "room broom" 12 gauge for a back up
weapon. He hand loaded a  (roughly 1/3" diameter ball bearing on top of
as
many BB's as he could pack in the shot space. My only thought was that
he
must really like working in close!

Prev: Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns Next: FMA