Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts.... Next: Re: A use for nudie minis [Was FMA Skirmish MOS (rules ideas)]

RE: [FMA] Maximum Ranges [CLEAN STAMP]

From: "Rick Rutherford" <rick@e...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:12:39 -0400
Subject: RE: [FMA] Maximum Ranges [CLEAN STAMP]

On 7/14/99 9:57 AM, Ground Zero Games wrote:
> >Why do rifles have maximum ranges in the FMA Skirmish rules?
>
> Mainly 'cos giving most weapons a LOS range capability does not work
> well in game terms. It kills movement and makes every game a turkey
> shoot. However, see the range ideas I've just posted to the list a few
> minutes ago.....
>
> Jon (GZG)

Okay, so why not extend the range bands to include an "extreme range,"
with a d4 chance of hitting, and a range of 48", or long + 24"
(whichever
is longer)?

One of the reasons I'm still arguing about this is that I can just see
the next episode of Murphy's Rules:

"In the FMA Skirmish system, the maximum range of a shotgun is 18
yards!"
:)
--
Rick Rutherford
(I apologize in advance for the junk appended below by our mail server.)

[INFO] -- Virus Manager:
This email message and any attachments were scanned by the WorldSecure
Server that protects Electronic Systems and it's customers. No Viruses
were detected in this message.

======

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] FMA range thoughts.... Next: Re: A use for nudie minis [Was FMA Skirmish MOS (rules ideas)]