Prev: Re: Marksmanship Next: Re: A use for nudie minis [Was FMA Skirmish MOS (rules ideas)]

Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:07:18 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Out of Ammo and Shotguns

On 14-Jul-99 at 00:11, Thomas Barclay (Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca) wrote:

> Shotguns:
>
> Ken, you made some interesting assertions about shotguns. I won't
> disagree that at closer ranges, spread is not much of a factor (the
> shot tends to hit the same target). Mind you, I'd sure like to see the
> data you use to support your idea (if you have some in particular
> sources which you could quote - I have a gut feeling you are right
> under some constraints but I'd like to see hard data). I also bet that
> most of your data (if it comes from Law Enforcement sources) would
> feature a .12ga semi-auto or pump firing 00 buck. If you fired smaller
> shot, the spread might be increased.

I believe (I'd have to go back and check out my grandfathers NRA mags)
that smaller shot does not get you increased spread, just better
coverage
in the area covered by the spread.  BTW 00 is for deer, not people.  The
coverage on 00 is kind of splotchy because there are so few pellets.
Use
0 or even better, 1 for home defense. :)

Roger Books (Who hates shotguns, put a rifle in my hand and I nail my
	     target, give me a shotgun and I can't hit the side of a
	     barn.)

Prev: Re: Marksmanship Next: Re: A use for nudie minis [Was FMA Skirmish MOS (rules ideas)]