Prev: Re: Marksmanship Next: Out of Ammo in FMA

Re: Marksmanship

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:26:11 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Marksmanship

On 13-Jul-99 at 11:20, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker (schoon@aimnet.com) wrote:
> >"I know several guys who can shoot tacks
> >off of targets at 50m. Hitting a man sized target out to 400m isn't
> >that hard"
> >
> >Yes, but the tacks rarely, if ever, shoot back -- which makes all the
> >difference in the world.
>
> Tacks also don't move, nor do they have the annoying habbit of hiding
from
> you ;-)

Tacks are easy, I could (back when I was hunting) have done the 50m tack
thing and nobody would have been terribly impressed.  The fact that I
was about 50% on a running squirrel at 15-20meters was impressive, if
that gives you a shooting indication.  400 meters if they know you are
there would make it extremely difficult to hit anything even if they
weren't shooting back.

Roger Books

Prev: Re: Marksmanship Next: Out of Ammo in FMA