Prev: Marksmanship Next: Re: FMA skirmish questions

Re: FMA skirmish questions

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:12:09 +0100
Subject: Re: FMA skirmish questions

>Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

>> Sorry to add a "me too," but I agree that simple is better. The best
thing
>> about the system is that it's simple without being simplistic.
>>
>> Schoon
>
>I can agree with this and it will only add one chit to the mix.  On a
>'botch' attack roll, (either a double 1 or a 1 on the quality die), the
>character has emptied a magazine and must use an action to reload the
>weapon.  An 'Empty' or 'Reloading' chit can be placed next to the
>character to indicate that he or she must use a Reload action before
>resuming fire.
>
>Therefore, a veteran trooper will be automatically reloading while in
>combat as a second nature.  The green trooper may use too much
firepower
>and will have to pause to reload.
>

>Jon

This is almost exactly what I had in mind. The same "reload needed" chit
can be used for those one-shot weapons such as rocket launchers which
must
ALWAYS have a reload action spent before they can be fired again.
Removing the reload chit could be automatic at the cost of 1 action, or
it
could require a reaction roll to avaoid fumbling it while under
pressure.....
 I don't mind using small piles of ammo chits for a VERY FEW weapons
such
as multi-tube Missile launchers (and maybe flamethrowers, with just a
few
"bursts"), as we do in SGII, but these will represent all the ammo that
is
available in the game unless someone brings the gunner another lot.

Using the counters rather than written off-table records is one of the
features of our FMA-system games, but for those who don't like them they
can always be replaced by written record sheets without too much
difficulty. Having said that, the number of counters should be kept to a
bare minimum wherever possible so as not to over-clutter the table.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Marksmanship Next: Re: FMA skirmish questions