Prev: Re: missing FMA Next: RE: FMA Skirmish MOS

[FMA] - sustained fire & Spread

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 12:06:02 +1000
Subject: [FMA] - sustained fire & Spread

Looking at the way some of the notes read, I'll have a crack at some
sustained fire rules.

Normal fire actions are single shots or short bursts at a single target.
(playtest suggestion allows 2 fire actions per activation).

Sustained Fire
----------
Sustained fire occurs when a SAW gunner or heavy weapon operator holds
down
the trigger to spray the area.	Sustained fire can only be used when the
weapon has been braced or otherwise deployed & only with weapon marked
as
such.
This uses both actions of the activation (otherwise it is too powerful,
&
the fire team example only has 1 shot per activation), one to 'brace' &
the
second to fire (or the sustained fire takes up more time than normal
actions).  Heavy weapons require 2 actions to break down or set up
before
firing.

The advantages of this, is that multiple targets can be engaged.  Any
figure
within 2" per range band of the primary target (2" at close, 4" at
medium,
6" at long) are also attacked by the weapons 'footprint'.  Secondary
targets
are attacked using a -1 FP die shift to represent collateral damage.

Shotgun 'Spread' Effect
----------
Use cone shaped template 9" long & 3" wide at the farthest end & mark it
every 3" to show the range bands.  Use the appropriate FP for the range
band, except all targets fully under the template are attacked.  Any
figures
only touched by the template get the benefit of a -1 FP die shift (d4
minimum).
This could also be used as a flamer template.

'Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
Commodore Alfred K Hole - RNS Indy's Folly [CB]
Captain Nicolette O'Teen - RNMS Golden Spear [CB]
EBD Medusa