Prev: RE: FT: maneuver or weapon arcs Next: Re: New to the list, FMA Skirmish

[FT]: re: Alternate Firing Arcs >

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@n...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 13:20:49 -0400
Subject: [FT]: re: Alternate Firing Arcs >

> Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 22:20:54 -0400
> From: Channing Faunce <channing@glasscity.net>
> Subject: Alternate Firing Arcs
>
> All of the firing arcs in FB1 cover from odd-to-odd facings (1 to 3
> o'clock, etc.). I was working on some new ship designs and thought
that
> even-to-even facing firing arcs would be useful. Namely 12 to 2
o,clock
> and 10 to 12 o'clock.
>
> Has anyone else used these arcs?

chan,

i ran into this with B5 ships in FT.  the problem is that
certain ships (like EA Omega DD) rely on centerlining a target
to hit with the most weapons.  this is fine for a hex map, but
very difficult with hexless (gotta be precisely lined up).

i think the arcs you suggest are fine as long as the above design
problem does not occur.  ship design should probably have overlapping
versus mutually exclusive weapon arcs. even arcs like FH (front half),
LH (left half), etc. work well and provide racial ship design flavor.

david

David Reeves
home email: davidar@earthlink.net
work email: davidar@nortelnetworks.com
B5W Delta Section: http://home.earthlink.net/~davidar/DeltaSection.htm

Prev: RE: FT: maneuver or weapon arcs Next: Re: New to the list, FMA Skirmish