Prev: Re: FMA skirmish questions (quick note to my previous post) Next: RE: FMA skirmish questions

Re: FMA skirmish questions

From: Barry Cadwgan <bcadwgan@f...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 23:25:40 +1000
Subject: Re: FMA skirmish questions

Thomas Pope wrote:

> Ground Zero Games wrote:
> >
> > I meant single-shot as in a one-shot disposable, or something that
needs
> > reloading after 1 shot, eg: a single tube rocket launcher. An action
of
> > firing with most other weapons is assumed to be several rounds fired
anyway.

> That brings up another question.  In a game of this scale it might be
> good to keep track of ammunition in some fashion.
>
> Perhaps the following could be used: Weapons are rated not in how many
> rounds of ammunition but how many fire actions they have.  Just keep a
> small stack (1-4) of chits with each soldier.  Once they're out, they
> need to spend 1 action reloading (they are considered to have infinite
> reloads however).

I'd say adapt the Necromunda game mechanic.  If you roll a botch, you
have to roll again to check if you've run out of ammo.

This fits in nicely with the system as more experienced troops will be
expected to have better fire discipline and possibly carry 'extra' ammo
over the their basic load.

--
Barry Cadwgan ( BCADWGAN@FL.NET.AU )
http://www.users.fl.net.au/~bcadwgan/homepage.htm

Prev: Re: FMA skirmish questions (quick note to my previous post) Next: RE: FMA skirmish questions