Prev: Re: FMA skirmish questions Next: [FT] Sa'Vasku Fleetbook Conversion

Re: FMA skirmish questions

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 18:32:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FMA skirmish questions

On Sun, 11 Jul 1999, Voivode Shrike (a.k.a. Ryan) wrote:

> Questions first:
>
>     I read through the current batch of answers and the one question I
had
> from my first read that wasn't already answered is regarding REACTION
FIRE.
> Can any (and/or all?) models that haven't been activated make this out
of
> turn shot or is it only on a one for one basis?  And this is
regardless of
> any other action they performed in a previous turn?
>     Just to make sure I am clear lets say the model A on side 1, has
just
> been activated and wondes into sight of three models from side 2,
could each
> of them take a REACTION FIRE activation or could only one of them?

Reaction fire is in the FMA rules - just before the Overwatch rules.

>    (I realize some common sense should prevail, but isn't part of
> playtesting assuming that the reader may have no common sense?)

erm, won't go there... :)

>     As for shotguns, I like the idea of taking a string and placing
it's
> middle at the maximum range of the weapon and then flattening out it's
end
> by some factor,in inch's,(spread factor?) of the shotgun's range and
drawing
> the ends of the string back to meet at the shooter (it ends up looking
like
> a cone but it allows for a different betwwen a double barrel sawed-off
and
> longer barrelled combat shotgun)  It ends up looking like this:
>				  -
>			     -	   |
>     Double Barreled	 -	   |
>     Sawed-off       - 	   |
>			 -	   |
>			     -	   |
>				  -
>
>     Combat Shotgun			      -
>			       -	       |
>		 -			       |
>			       -	       |
>					      -
>
>     However this may be more detailed than desired.  Perhaps something
like
> 1 target at close range, any within 2" at Medium, and any withn 4" at
long
> range OR maybe having a close spread and a wide-spread weapon design
choice
> where one allows  1-target/2"/4" and the otehr allows 2"/4"/8" which
cost
> more (and why someone might make the range shorter when designing
them, to
> reduce cost  (and better emulate a sawed-off).  This one is much
easier to
> play than the string idea.

Either of these could work. I think your firing arcs might be a bit
generous, though. Maybe 1 target in close, within 1" at Medium, within
2"
at Long range band?

> "It's not denial.  I'm just very
>  selective about the reality I accept."
> -Calvin
> (Calvin and Hobbes, by Bill Watterson)

Great quote!

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: Re: FMA skirmish questions Next: [FT] Sa'Vasku Fleetbook Conversion